Loughborough Town Hall








Loughborough Town Hall, seen on the left, was built in the Italianate style in 1855, the work of architect William Slater. Originally the Corn Exchange, it became the Town Hall in 1888 when Loughborough received its town charter.




Local History and Where to Find It

Links within this website

Former Woodgate Chapel Monuments
Loughborough Parish Church Database of Gravestones
Religious Houses in Medieval Leicestershire



Links to local history websites

Ashby de la Zouch Museum
Charnwood Museum
Foxton Locks, Inclined Plane and Canal Museum
Great Central Railway
Leicester Transport Heritage Trust
Leicestershire & Rutland Family History Society
Leicestershire & Rutland Heritage Forum
Leicestershire Victoria County History Trust
Loughborough Carillon Tower and War Memorial Museum
Loughborough Library Local Studies Volunteers (lllsv@gmx.com)
Loughborough Roll of Honour
Moira Furnace Museum and Country Park
Mountsorrel and Rothley Community Heritage Centre
Wigston Frame Knitters Museum


©Loughborough Archaeological and Historical Society